Tuesday 13 April 2010

Knitting group-tastic!

Yay! It was the inaugral meeting of our new knitting group last night and what a lovely evening it was. Being surrounded by lovely ladies, with the gentle clack clack clack of knitting needles in the background was a real pleasure.

I have to confess I didn't get much actual knitting done, but I think that was mainly because I was trying to get a new project started, so I've made a personal comittment to have a project underway next time, which I can then just pick up and carry on with.

We've decided to get together on the second Monday of every month, and to be honest I can't wait for the next one.

In the meantime, we've got a group outing to a Hobby exhibition planned to keep our thirst for all things knitting quenched and our purses empty :-)

Before I go, I just want to say thank you to all the ladies who turned out. In particular Clare, who had run a marathon in Paris the day before. Turning out to a knitting group the day after a marathon, now that's dedication to your hobby!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate, looking forward to the next knitting session x

    ReplyDelete