Wednesday 31 March 2010

Calling all knitters!

A very quick hello to update you on my latest venture. My friend El and I have been kicking around the idea of setting up a knitting group for a while now and I've only finally gone and done something about it.

I'd been wracking my brain for ages about a venue that might be suitable and then I suddenly had a brainwave. I'm really lucky to live in a really nice garden suburb, which has it's very own institute (think small church hall type of building) for use by local residents at a very reasonable cost. How quaint is that! Anywhoo, it occured to me that it might be a good place for us like minded knitters to get together, swap tips and most importantly have a good old natter. So I gave the institute a call and before you knew it I'd only gone and booked a room for us to use.

The result is that I am pleased to announce the first knitting group to be held on Monday 12th April, 7-9pm at Wavertree Institute, Thingwall Rd. Any suggestions for a name for the group/night very welcome.

We're hoping to start off smallish, hopefully with about 8 peeps and will meet once a month. I guess if it goes really well we could maybe think about upping it to every fortnight, but I think slow and steady is the order of the day to begin with.

Will obviously keep you posted with updates on how that goes and will also put up some pics of my latest projects soon I promise.

Over the last fortnight I've made a bear for a Christening present and a rabbit for birthday present (very nearly finished but at the time I write this the poor thing is waiting for it's fluffy pom pom tail) and am also working on a top secret project for my hubby as it's out 1st wedding anniversary this coming Sunday. All details will be revealed soon.

Speaking of which, must dash so I can get on with it. We're off to Whitby for a nice long weekend on Friday, so I really need to get the secret project finished before we go. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your week end! Lovely blog decorations. Ideas for names for the knitting group: the raving knitters, Wine and Wool, the tricoteuses (knitters in French)...wattdayathink?

    ReplyDelete